Take this short test to find out if you should study for an MBA (Master of Business Administration) or an MCA (Master of Corporate Administration)
Q1: Your working week should be:
- A] Monday to Friday, nine to five
- B] Eighty-hour weeks and some Sundays
- C] Shift work
- D] It fits around my life
Q2: The CEO calls, do you:
- A] Drop everything and clear your desk for action
- B] Ignore the call as it must be a mistake
- C] Send through a PowerPoint presentation you prepared a while ago
- D] Run straight to their office shouting, ‘I’m here, I’m here…’
Q3: Your team badly screws up so you:
- A] Take full responsibility, fix the damage and then offer to resign
- B] Take full responsibility and fix the damage
- C] Promise to fix the damage if you get the time
- D] Blame another department
Q4: A project is:
- A] A series of tasks designed to deliver a defined objective.
- B] A lot of documents, charts and meetings
- C] A series of linked actions defined by a hypothetical timeline
- D] No idea – the workers do that sort of thing
Q5: To communicate with your Mexican office colleagues:
- A] Speak to them in Spanish
- B] Speak in English but employ a translator
- C] Speak in English loudly and wave your arms
- D] Use a PowerPoint presentation and suggest they employ a translator
ANSWERS: Obviously D is the right answer for an MCA candidate in all the above.
- Five Ds or more: Well done, you are well on your way to success with little effort and score a bonus point if you went straight to the answers.
- Three or four Ds: That moral compass of yours is pointing in the wrong direction. Adjust and try again:
- One or two Ds: Middle management beckons
- No Ds: Perhaps an MBA is a better option.